This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Should I move to Dev8

2 replies to this topic

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 15:20

Hey there;

My boss just sent me an email this morning telling me we should upgrade to InstallShield Developer 8.  Then proceeded to ask me why this would be a good idea :0 .

Right now I'm using 6.3 and really have no major complaints.  What do you guys think?  Also, what are the reasons for moving or not moving?

Thanks
There is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent. (Mao Tse Tung)

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 00:04

Sorry, but sounds like a dumb boss if he says you should do something, and then proceeds to ask why he made the right decision.

However, keep in mind Developer is Windows Installer based and not InstallScript based, so it would be quite a change.

Professional 7, which also recently came out, is the one still based on your existing code.

user posted image

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 15:11

Thanks TB,

During my resarch yesterday, I did find out that Developer uses Windows Installer.  

I really hate to change away from something that's working just fine for right now.  I think I've convinced him to hold off on switching until we start our new product cycle in 2-3 months. (Hopefully it will be IS 7 Pro  :) )
There is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent. (Mao Tse Tung)