This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

iscmdbld.exe vs. ide

3 replies to this topic

fyong

fyong
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2001 - 17:36

I have done the command build buildcd (F7) in the IDE and it works perfectly creating the setup.exe file in the end.  I now want to do it on the command line.  Here's the command I perform:
iscmdbld -p proj.ism -r cdbuild -b d:\build

However,  I get the errors:
Error -1015: Not enough space to fit setup files on Disk 1
Error 53: Invalid custom action type

According the the help file page "Troubleshooting Build Errors," these errors are detailed as follows:

53 Invalid path
The build requires files that are stored in the InstallShield folder under the Common Files folder. Please make sure this folder is in your system Path.

-1015 Unable to copy redistributable file
One or more files may be missing or corrupted. Check to make sure Setup.ini exists in C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Professional - Windows Installer Edition\System\Support; and that Setup.exe, InstMsiA.exe, and InstMsiW.exe exist in the C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Professional - Windows Installer Edition\System\Redist\i386 folder. Reinstall if necessary. Make sure there is enough free space in and that you have access rights to the release location.

Could you please share any ideas as to why this happens?  That command worked fine in v1.52 but not with 2.03.  Thanks in advance!

Dave I

Dave I
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 July 2001 - 09:06

I had the same problem, I found that changing directory to the InstallShield common folder prior to calling ISCmdbld resolved the problem

e.g. "cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield"

fyong

fyong
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2001 - 14:47

Dave, you're awesome!  Thanks!

DeusApprime

DeusApprime
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 October 2001 - 17:14

You don't necessarily have to go to that directory - you can also (and it is documented in the same place you found error -1015) add that directory to the PATH.