This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

RadioButton changes to CheckBox

3 replies to this topic

beginner

beginner
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 August 2001 - 13:10

I have a script created component set where both the components are radiobuttons.   I display the two radiobuttons using SdAskOptions using the EXCLUSIVE option.  But when displaying the dialog I see that one of them is a checkbox.   What could be the problem ?  Debugging does not help me ?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 August 2001 - 21:54

Sounds like a bug in IS5. Does it happen on all machines/operating systems?
What is your exact IS version/maintenance pack or build number? (See Help -> About)

beginner

beginner
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2001 - 07:35

It does not happen on all machines/operating systems.   It has been happening on a Windows NT workstation with SP5.   The installshield version is 5.1 build 151 .

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 August 2001 - 08:31

Although this problem is not mentioned in the release notes, I wonder why you are using build 151 (maintenance pack 2) and not build 159 (maintenance pack 4)?
The boxes are check boxes in the dialog resource. If you use EXCLUSIVE they are changed to radio buttons in the sdaopts.rul script (function SdOptionSetState). Maybe this fails for some reason. A workaround might be to change the button style to radio buttons in the dialog resource (if you're not using NONEXCLUSIV anywhere in your script) or to crrate a custom dialog resource with radio buttons.