This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

custom dialog display issues

1 reply to this topic

surfer5

surfer5
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2001 - 17:44

i needed to modify the SdFinish screen in IS 6.31 to include 5 checkboxes.  rather than modify the original screen, i chose to create a new dialog box.  actually, i will probably create several because i will need UP TO 5 checkboxes.  so i have 2 questions:

1. is there a way to hide fields on a custom dialog box from the IS script?  like setting the VISIBLE property to false?  that would be the easiest solution.

2. when i create the custom dialog box, it ignores the transparencies of the controls on the form.  so i have all of the checkboxes on there with grey backgrounds set against the white background of the form.  i use VC++ to edit my dialog boxes and i have checked (and rechecked a million times) that the transparency property is set correctly there.  however, it does NOT carry forward when using it in IS.  in fact, if i make an EXACT copy of the resource (form 12032) and rename it to form 103, it still does not save its transparency settings.  IS must be doing something behind the scenes to that named dialog.  can i reproduce that in my code?  any thoughts?

(Edited by surfer5 at 12:58 pm on Dec. 19, 2001)

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 20 December 2001 - 00:01

_WinSubEnableControl

and there are some others that you might be interested in, in winsub.rul in
C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Professional - Standard Edition\Include

Check the bug list.  I think IS has a problem with transparency.