This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installation Fails after adding MSDE 2000 MMs

1 reply to this topic

lukaszb

lukaszb
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 02:18

Hi All,

I've been having some difficulty with my InstallShield Express 4 and MSDE 2k merge modules. The problem seems simple, but I can't figure it out. My setup.exe program file builds fine, but when I execute it with merge modules than I get a message from the installer. The message says:

"Installation processes was interrupted and no modifications were done to your system."

Or a message very similar to the above; I can't remember word by word now. If I remove merge modules from the installation then everything works well. Has anyone had a similar problem? How do I go about fixing it? I do have the lates SP3 for SQL server and MSDE installed. Should I downgrade to SP2???

Thanks for your help.
Lukasz

BASnow

BASnow
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 17:22

I had the same problem and had to download the MSM presented in the following article:

http://support.insta...ticleid=Q106295

I selected the one for Developer 8.01.

Install this. Unselect all of the MSM's that you had selected to install MSDE. Click on the MSDE 2000 item that is now available in the redistributables pane. This will start a wizard that will let you set up MSDE. I just took the defaults. After the wizard completes the redistributables pane will have all of the nessessary MSDE 2000 items selected.

Good luck.