This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Need to remove item from Binary Table

2 replies to this topic

NinlarAtWork

NinlarAtWork
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2001 - 22:47

I am receiving Error 1024 when I try to build.  "Cannot stream the file into the Binary Table" and then it lists the path of the file it could not find.

I previously created a custom action that launched the executable that was stored in the binary table.  We later decided not to launch the executable in a custom action, so I deleted the custom action.   After deleting the custom action I started receiving an error that the file could not be found and streamed into the binary table.  I no longer want this file to be streamed into the binary table, because it is no longer used.  I would have thought that removing the custom action would have removed the entry that told the installer it needed to stream in this executable.  Anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks for your time.

Using ISWI 1.1

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 October 2001 - 02:02

Using the Power Editor (I think 1.1 has this), select the Binary table and delete the row that has a reference to the offending file.