This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Integrated Multiple Uninstalls

3 replies to this topic

shuttledude

shuttledude
  • Full Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 15:23

I am modifying our existing InstallShield Pro 5.1 script to launch a child product, which was developed with InstallShield Developer 8. This gives an integrated multiple product installation, which apparently works OK.

Now I would like to integrate the uninstallations. In other words, when I go to the Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the Pro 5.1 based product, an automatic uninstall of the Developer 8 product will be performed, without the user having to separately uninstall each product. I would like to allow for the possibility that the Dev8 product might not be installed, so that this will not crash the integrated uninstallation process.

Is there a way to do this? If not, I suppose it would be possible to integrate them in "the other direction"; i.e., by beginning with the uninstallation of the Developer 8 product and modifying it to automatically uninstall the original Pro 5.1 product. However, I would like to avoid that approach if possible.

Any help and suggestions greatly appreciated, thank you very much! smile.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:25

If the Developer 8 setup was created with the Basic MSI project type you can perform a silent uninstall by calling msiexec.exe /x {ProductCode} where ProductCode is the product code GUID of the Dev8 setup. If you used InstallScript MSI for the Dev8 project you have to go through setup.exe, or get the uninstall command line from the uninstall registry key.

shuttledude

shuttledude
  • Full Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 13:29

Thanks for the reply!

I used the InstallScript approach (not basic msi) for the Developer 8 project.

Sorry, but I'm still unclear about what to do. It seems that I must find the uninstall key entry in the registry for the Pro 5.1 product, then modify that key to add command-line parameters that will launch the uninstall process for the Developer 8 product, is that correct? Sorry, but I'm confused about how to implement this modification. blink.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 15:36

Your IS 5.1 project could read the uninstall registry entry of the child setup and execute the command.