This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

msiexec issue

1 reply to this topic

devstudio.2007

devstudio.2007
  • Full Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:15

Dear All,

While iam Installing my software in Windows XP i got one error "Msiexec encountered Problem Needs to be closed" how to arrest this? what is the root Cause for this Problem.iam Using devstudio 9.0 version to Create Setup. i tried Following Steps
but i cant arrest this error.any idea??????
Start > Run > msiexec.exe /unregister
Start > Run > msiexec /regserver

Regards
Admin

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:08

Hi, more information is needed to say anything sensible about this. Off the top of my head I can think of a few possibilities, but first some questions.

1: Does this happen for any MSI file or only for specific ones or even only for one file?
2: Did you try to log the installation process? If you are not familiar with how to do this: http://www.installsi...ifaq/a/1022.htm. Once you have the log file, pls zip it and attach here.
3: Have you applied customization to the security setup on your computer?
4: Have you recently upgraded your computer with hotfixes from Microsoft?
5: Are you running any tweaking tools to disable OS services etc...?
6: What's your anti virus software?
7: Have you had spyware or viruses removed from your computer recently?

Some debugging tips:
1: Try compiling a new, vanilla and basic one file MSI to test with to see if anything will install correctly at all.
2: Try the install on a different computer and make a log file there, then compare logfiles (will help to determine any differning policy settings etc... - provided the other computer isn't the same SOE as the first one)
Regards
-Stein Åsmul