This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom Action Condition on Remove but not Mjr Upg.

4 replies to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 00:03

Hi all,

I have a custom action that needs to run on removal from the UI (Maintenance Type = Remove) or from Add Remove Programs, but not during removal during a Major Upgrade. I just want to be sure I'm going to condition this properly

I'm going to include in the condition the ActionProperty, here UPGRADEPROPERTY, from the upgrade table...

Would it be something like...

REMOVE="ALL" AND NOT UPGRADEPROPERTY ?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:32

In the installer of the old version (which is being uninstalled) you don't see the action property but instead UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE.

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 14:02

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2012-07-02 09:32)
In the installer of the old version (which is being uninstalled) you don't see the action property but instead UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE.

I'm not quite sure I understand...

Are you saying I should use something like...

REMOVE="ALL" AND NOT UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE as the condition for the action in question?

In other words, during a Major Upgrade, UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE will be populated with upgraded product codes, but removal from ARP or through UI will not have this property have any value. ??

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 14:42

Yes. If the old setup should detect whethern it is being uninstalled as part of a major upgrade, or for some other reason, UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE will tell you. It is set only during a major upgrade, not during uninstall from control panel.

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 16:20

Works perfectly! THANK YOU!!