This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

duplicate file names and package for the web

3 replies to this topic

brassrat

brassrat
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 February 2002 - 01:47

I have used ISWI 1.52 to build an installer which includes the MSDE merge modules. These modules place a few files (e.g., atl.dll) in 2 different places. Anyway, I then use package for the web to create a single exe. When i run the exe pfw complains about duplicate file names. Anyone know why?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 February 2002 - 06:51

When creating the PFTW package make sure to check both options: include sub folders, and re-create folder structure.

brassrat

brassrat
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 February 2002 - 15:47

stefan - thanks for the reply - however, i had already checked both of these options. There really are 2 instances of atl.dll (and 2 other dlls) in tree (since there are ANSI and a UNICODE variants). It seems like pftw is looking in the path for the first instance when it extracts the 2nd instance.

brassrat

brassrat
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 February 2002 - 05:13

ok - i got it - i misunderstood what you meant by the 2 options - since they are on different dialogs. I had selected the 2 checkboxs (include sub folders and 'live' folder) on one dialog, but you were pointing out that i had to select another checkbox on a subsequent dialog.

Thanks for the help.