This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How can I get disk image's path?

5 replies to this topic

TheDong

TheDong
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 03:15

I'd like to create a log file and put it at the disk image's path. I don't know if there is a way to get the path?
Example: my disk image's WANPatch.exe and has been put at D:\ABC\XYZ

Please help me.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 03:30

If I'm understanding your example, then I would try the system variable SRCDIR.
user posted image

TheDong

TheDong
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 05:52

Thanks Taco Bell,
When I execute WINPatch.exe, IntallShield will decompress it into files such as: Setup.exe, setup.iss, data1.cab, ... and move them to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\pft23.tmp\Disk1 and SCRDIR contains the path instead of WINPatch.exe's path. Is it possible to get WINPatch.exe's path?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 14:42

Yeah, I was afraid of that happening, but was hoping we'd be able to get around it based on your original description.

In that case though, I don't know how to get that true source location of the disk image short of doing a search on the whole file system -or- having you abandon a single-disk image for packaging your setup. There's also the possible problem of that source location not being writable.

Therefore, my suggestion is you use an alternative location such as the system variable WINDIR or the supporting uninstall directory of PROGRAMFILES\InstallShield Installation Information\PRODUCT_GUID.
user posted image

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 19:03

I think that system variable PACKAGE_LOCATION would be what you need. However that was introduced in version 10 or so, so it's not available in old Pro 6 (if I recall correctly)

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 00:28

Yeah, unfortunately there's no such concept in this version Stefan, but glad to see that IS addressed that shortcoming with their future versions.

Thereore, I'll also see about adding this to the FAQ since it's such a popular question.

Edited by Taco Bell, 08 February 2006 - 00:47.

user posted image