This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Windows OS Version ??

3 replies to this topic

calenkl

calenkl
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 June 2002 - 05:29

Dear All,

Actually i got this information here couple of months ago...
however i've lost it...
so...
can someone pls help for this ?
to determine Windows OS Version for:
1. Win98
2. WinNT
3. WinMe
4. Win2000

Thanx !!  :D

hteichert

hteichert
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 28 June 2002 - 15:41

Take a look at the Windows installer documentation, search for "Operating System Property Values".

Why don't you first look there by your own? It took me 15 seconds to get this info. And there is a lot of really useful info about the windows installer. Read it. It solves a lot of problems.

And if you want to know, where to get it:
If you have ISWi or ISD, then you can get the info directly in the help menu. If you have the Windows installer SDK installed - the docu is part of it: it's the file "msi.chm". And in the internet you can read the docu online in Operating System Property Values.
h.teichert-ott

calenkl

calenkl
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 July 2002 - 02:52

well, Thanx for ur advice anyway ....

but if i can get it from the help from MSI... i think there won't be so crowded in this forum rite ?
i already know that there r properties for the win version... however i 'm using scripts to check for the major & minor version of the OS in order for WinMe as well... ok ?

so.... if Version9X can define... wat's the major & minor version for WinMe ?  ???

hteichert

hteichert
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 July 2002 - 13:40

The value for Version9X = MajorVersion * 100 + MinorVersion

The value for VersionNT = MajorVersion * 100 + MinorVersion

The exact version values of these two and some other properties can be found at Operating System Property Values.

You could have taken this info from my previous post by opening the given link to MS and simply clicking on "Version9X", "VersionNT" and the folder named "Operating System Property Values" in the left handed directory listing.
h.teichert-ott