This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Localize problem

4 replies to this topic

TATSUN

TATSUN
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2002 - 03:00

Now I am developping Russian installer. I have modified value.shl in russian string table in russian Windows and copy to my Windows ( Japanese ) and run IS 6.3 but error occurs.

I can not build installer for russian.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 January 2002 - 18:04

From the Bugs Bulletin here on InstallSite:

Russian Language String Table not Working
Description:
When you open a project that includes support for Russian language you may get the message "String table could not be loaded. The project may be corrupt." This happens for new projects created in IS 6.30 as well as older projects that are upgraded to 6.30.
Workarounds:
Use IPSE version 6.12 or 6.22.
InstallShield has confirmed that this is a bug that has been introduced in IS 6.30. It does not affect versions 6.1x or 6.2x.
FIXED in IS 6.31.
Created: 2001-08-08   Last update: 2001-09-08   InstallShield Tracking Number: 1-63JY5

Does this apply to your problem?

TATSUN

TATSUN
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2002 - 00:59

Mr. Krueger,
Thank you for your quick reply.

I think IS6.30 have the problem. So I want to update from IS6.30 to IS6.31 but I could not find update module in support page. How can I get the IS6.31 ?

My develop environment is Japanese Winodws 2000.

TATSUN

TATSUN
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2002 - 01:34

I have downloaded IS6.31 Evaluation copy ( English version ) from Web site and tested, but IS 6.31 displayed "The string table data could not be loaded. The project may be corrupt", so new version still have same problem.

I replaced contents of russian value.shl to english value.shl except Language key number, and both IS 6.30 and IS 6.31 starts correctly.

Help me !

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 January 2002 - 18:14

The 6.31 update is available at support.installshield.com
I was told the problem is fixed in 6.31, but I didn't verify. I think the problem was related to certain special characters. Maybe you can avoid them.