This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Disable "Install Program as Other User" dialog

4 replies to this topic

bzo

bzo
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 00:10

How does one disable the "Install Program as Other User" dialog that comes up when a non privileged user starts an installation? I've found the NoRunAsInstall system policy that will disable it for the machine, but can this be done for an installation session? Appreciate any help!

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 08:24

What are you using to created your project?
Can't you just remove this dialog from the sequences?

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 10:03

I think this is a built in feature of Win2000 upwards. I think it only happens to files called "install.exe" or "setup.exe". You could try to change the file name and see if the message disappears.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

bzo

bzo
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 19:25

changing the name did the trick, I guess the detection mechanism is fairly primative. Thanks a bunch!

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 04:15

Glad it helped. There are some issues where a setup should be called setup.exe in order for some advanced deployment functions to work. I think it has to do with advertising the setup through the add/remove applet, but I don't know exactly how it works. In any case, if you are not using this advanced feature changing the setup name does not matter.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul