This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Get string from 2different String Table

1 reply to this topic

papaDoc

papaDoc
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2002 - 16:33

Hi,

I have 2 String Tables (English and French Canadian) from a
multilanguage InstallShiled prject

Is it possible to retreive a string any of the tables ?

Let say I have a string
APP_NAME
In french I have
APP_NAME = Abatteuse
In English I have
APP_NAME = Harvester

I want to chech a registry key but I don't know in which language is the value and compare the value to APP_NAME.
So I want to check for both language.

Any clue on how to do that ???
papaDoc@videotron.ca

Blake Miller Wonder

Blake Miller Wonder
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 March 2002 - 19:42

You could surely do it if you made the string file files available during setup.

They are just text files in an INI file format, so you could rename them ValueXXXX.Shl where XXXX represents the language code. Then at runtime you could use the GetProfileString functions to retrieve the contents of the string you wanted from the file you wanted.

I think if you rely upon where they are from within InstallShield deployment alone, there is only one string file decompressed depending upon the language selected for the setup, so to have more than one language available during setup, you need to also copy the files somewhere you can get to them from your setup program.

At least, this method is what comes to mind for me and probably how I would handle it.