This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ICE03 ERROR

4 replies to this topic

jamsek19

jamsek19
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 14:52

Hello.

I'm making a .msi package of my product using InstallShield12. The product will run on an AMD64 Win2003 Server R2 and I build the package on my Win32 developer system.
During installation it is called some custom actions. In a package CustomActions are signed with x64 flag therefore all values of CustomActions Type are incremented by 4096 (stands for x64 scripting). Otherwise all custom actions are Type 6 - function from VBScripts stored in a binary table therefore in my package all have in a CustomAction Type value 4102 = 4096 + 6.

The package itself is normally installable, but when I try to validate it I got error:
ICE03 ERROR Value exceeds MaxValue; Table: CustomAction, Column: Type, Key(s):...

I run validatation on a regular way:
msival2.exe Pkg.msi "C:\InstallShield12Projects\darice.cub" -l Vallog.txt
Darice.cub file exists.

If I open my .msi file with Orca in _Validation table max value is 4095. For me, it looks like that IS12 know for x64 flag at design time, but at build time not. Also, darice.cub validation file do not understand x64 scripting type, too.

Where is the catch here?

Thanks in advance

Andreo
Andreo

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 19:02

yes, it looks like the _validation table (in InstallShield's template .msi ?) isn't aware of 64 bit script custom actions. If it's the template, as I suspect, you could fix it there. Please report this also to InstallShield so they can fix it in future versions.

jamsek19

jamsek19
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:18

Hi, Stefan.
Thanks for replay.
I also suspect something like a bug, but I have a scruple regarding darice.cub file: I got it from the latest Win2003 SDK.
Anyway, how can I correct the template (I think that you mean *.cub file, which I use for validation)? Is there any tool to do that?
Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Andreo
Andreo

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:56

No, you shouldn't modify the .cub file. The CUB validation checks to make sure the values in the table are within the borders that are defined in the _Validation table in the msi file. InstallShield builds the _Validation table into your .smi file, and I think it uses the Basic MSI template (or something like that) from the InstallShield program folder for this.

jamsek19

jamsek19
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:05

Hi Stefan.
Thanks for replay.
During last days I've learned a little bit more about validation.
Yes, I do not need to change .cub file. Validation uses .cub file just to get rules to validate a .msi file. Values to validate are stored in a .msi file itself.
In InstallShield Community forum Michael Urman told me (InstallShieldCommunity) that it should be corrected Support\0409\ISMsiPkg[Large].itp file. I think that this file is a template as you said on a previous replays. Also, he is now noticed to improve validation.

Thanks for replay. Have a nice day.

Best regards
Andreo

Andreo