This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to Add two Different Property into Third Prope

2 replies to this topic

abhijeetkusre

abhijeetkusre
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:05

Hi,
I am using Install Shield Basic MSI Project.
I have created one xml file and reading values from it and storing in a property named "NAME" using system search mechanism.
I also have to get the computer name which i am getting via registry entry using system search mechanism and storing this is property named "COMPUTERNAME".
Now during installation in customer Information dialog i want to store this two property in COMPANY EDIT edit box.
as NAME-COMPUTERNAME.

Please let me know how can i get to the solution.

Any help will be appriciated.

Thanks

Abhijeet

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 14:11

First of all, you may not have to search the registry for the computer name, but instead use the predefined property ComputerName.

To answer your actual question:
Add a custom action type 51 "set a property":
Property to set: COMPANY
Value: [NAME]-[COMPUTERNAME]

This will combine the values of NAME and COMPUTERNAME (with a dash in between) and store the result in the COMPANY property which you are using in the edit box.

abhijeetkusre

abhijeetkusre
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 13:40

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2011-04-27 14:11)
First of all, you may not have to search the registry for the computer name, but instead use the predefined property ComputerName.

To answer your actual question:
Add a custom action type 51 "set a property":
Property to set: COMPANY
Value: [NAME]-[COMPUTERNAME]

This will combine the values of NAME and COMPUTERNAME (with a dash in between) and store the result in the COMPANY property which you are using in the edit box.

Thanks Brother.
it was great help
sorry for late reply.
it worked fine