This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install within Install

6 replies to this topic

stephen

stephen
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2001 - 01:21

I'm trying to run another installation from the main setup, but it's not a nested install.  The second install is an exe, not a msi file.  The installation must be conditional based on the user enabling the feature at run-time.I have a custom action set as follows:

Launch an executable
Installed with the product
Immediate execution
Execute only once
Wait for execution
Ingore return codes

Condition: &Feature=3

In the Sequence Table I inserted it after Install Welcome in the User Interface.  

The action never takes place.  Where should the CA be placed in the sequence table so that it will run after the files have been installed?

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 April 2001 - 04:57

Place it near the end of the execute sequence if you want it to install after all the files have been copied.

stephen

stephen
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2001 - 16:00

Are you referring to the ExacuteAction sequence under User Interface or after Installfiles under the Execute section?

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 05 April 2001 - 00:04

I place mine in the execute section, right down near InstallFinalize.

stephen

stephen
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2001 - 18:49

I put the CA right after the InstallFinalize action in the Execute sequence.  The CA calls the installation correctly and it runs, but the SetupComplete dialog then comes up and covers up the other installation program. Is there a way to prevent this and keep the other install in the foreground?

Irina

Irina
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 06 April 2001 - 14:15

Hi Stephen,

You can do so:

1.The dialog SetupCompleteSuccess has checkbox Launch program. You can use this checkbox.   Do its property Visible=True. Modify text and add Event to control CheckLaunchProgram

Event               DoAction
       Argument        YourCustomAction
       Condition        1

2. Your CA run another msi package installed with product.

3. When you see dialog SetupCompleteSuccess and check CheckBox your another installation run. Dialogs of second installation cover dialog SetupCompleteSuccess. After finishing second installation you can see SetupCompleteSucces dialog of first installation.

I hope it will be usefull for you.