This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error -6003 with Installshield 11.5 Premium

1 reply to this topic

vince_d

vince_d
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 16:07

Procedure to reproduce the problem for all media generated with this version :
Step 0 : platform without installshield development Kit
Step 1 : Burn on CD your media, install it and uninstall it.
Step 2 : copy your cd on the hardrive, install it and when you uninstall it, the error -6003 will occur.

We have a gold support and installshield support don't want to generate an hotfix. they give us a back door :
"I’m wondering if this may have to do with shared InstallScript engine files being unregistered by mistake. To explain further, try the following… * Perform your steps to reproduce (steps 1-2). 1 - Start from a blank platform (i.e. Windows XP freshly installed). 2 - Then install the product from a CD-ROM. * Now, before uninstalling (step 3), start ‘regedit.exe’ and go to the registry key… HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs …and assuming the media was built in InstallShield 11.5, look for the values names… C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\11\50\Intel32\*** C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\*** …double click on each entry and increased the shared counter from 1 to say 3. * After making the registry changes on all engine files, continue with (steps 3-4 as below) 3 - Uninstall the product from the Add-Remove Programs panel. The uninstall processes correctly. 4 - Install the product from the hard-drive. Then, when we try to uninstall the product from the Add-Remove Programs panel, they get an error -6003 Let me know if the -6003 error still occurs. "
They want that we do this modification in our product but for me it isnot acceptable. mad.gif

I'm negociating with the support and the Product Sales Consultant.

vince_d

vince_d
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 13:59

We have a found a new rule about this problem.
When you realise the second phase (install on your hard drive) you must eject your cd and the problem appear all the time.
Installshield environment development haven't some effect about this problem.