This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

CA not being executed

2 replies to this topic

mmorris

mmorris
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 February 2002 - 20:23

I have an InstallScript Custom Action with no conditons in my InstallExecute Sequence that won't execute.  This is happening in a basic msi project built with IS Developer 7.02.  

The weird thing is that I have 3 other CAs with the exact same settings that are executing fine.  The 4th and all new CAs will not.  I ran the install with logging on (/l*) and see no mention of the new custom actions, just the old ones.

I checked the InstallExecuteSequence table and the new CAs are there.   What else can I try?  

I think I broke something when I deleted a CA with the IDE.  

druben

druben
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 23:24

When you say "Installscript Custom Action", are you calling a function in a .rul file? If you are, I found that if I did not construct and prototype the function properly, the function would not be executed. Be sure that when you prototype the function, define it with the HWND in the argument, ie.
export prototype MyFunc(HWND);

Then in the function use:
function MyFunc(hMSI)

Hope this helps. If this is not what you are doing, perhaps you could give a more specific description of the type, source and target of the CA.

mmorris

mmorris
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 23:35

Thanks for trying to help.  I figured out what the problem was.

After digging through the tables, I discovered that there were two entries with duplicate entrypoints in the ISInstallScriptAction table.    Apparently, this was preventing new CAs using InstallScript functions from being entered into the table.  Once I cleaned this up, everything started working again.