This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Restart after uninstall displays error msg

2 replies to this topic

sree

sree
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 04:47

Hi,

When I restart my machine after I uninstall the project which I installed using Installshield 2008 (InstallScript MSI) I get the following error:

Cannot find the file 'C:\Program Files\Installshield Installation Information\{...GUID....}\setup.exe' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.

Can also appear as below:
Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Installshield Installation Information\{...GUID....}\setup.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

Havent got a clue why this is happening. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sree

Edited by sree, 21 November 2007 - 08:04.

sree

sree
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:56

Apparently it is creating a RUNONCE registry entry after the uninstall. But at the same time deleting setup.exe from Installshield Installation Information path. Is there a way to prevent the creation of RUNONCE registry entry??

sree

sree
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:23

To prevent the registry from getting created in the RunOnce I had to set the System Variable BATCH_INSTALL = FALSE as follows:

function OnEnd()
begin
if (MAINTENANCE) then
if (nMaintenance = REMOVEALL) then
BATCH_INSTALL = FALSE;
endif;
endif;
end;

Edited by sree, 26 November 2007 - 04:25.