This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Silly condition question

2 replies to this topic

jasonatx0001

jasonatx0001
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 17:07

I am trying to conditionally display some text on my setupcompletesuccess dialog. I have the text set to "visible=false" and have a "show" condition based on some properties that are set in custom actions which should fire before the dialog is displayed. IS, it seems, is ignoring the changed values of these properties and thus is not displaying the text when it should. I can see in the msi logs that the properties are being set and that the condition should be met, but the text is not being displayed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:31

Please generate a verbose log file, using the MSI 3.1 runtime. This will not only list the final value of all properties at the end, but will also log property value changes at the moment when they happen.
Note that the Execute sequence cannot send back property changes to the UI sequence, so you must set the property in UI sequence.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:37

You can also write the property value to the registry in the execute sequence and read it back from the registry in the user interface sequence.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul