This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install Merge module before InstallWelcome

1 reply to this topic

wolfUkr

wolfUkr
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 18:06

Help choose Decision.
I write installation with same steps:
in "Installation UI section" user choose any parameters to configre software (choose database server, connect to server etc)
in "Installation Execute section" - instllation setup system. copy files to users drive, connect to chosen database server and create database etc. with used users settings)

Error was corrupt when in "Installation UI section" I call function, whose code depends on MDAC version. I think if I call this function after all instllation execute action (when all merge modules was installation) - all Ok.
How I do installation MergeModule before Instllation UI (user interface dialog same InstallWelcome, etc.) or ask me how I make this problem any different path. (preferably leave setup software on "Installation UI section")

Thank all.

Neo

Neo
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 20:20

You should check out InstallShield X. It has support for SetupPrequisites. this means that u can get rid of the nested installations and exe custom actions to launch installations. X even sports a Setup Prerequisite editor which lets you condition the launch based on certain conditions.

visit http://www.installshield.com/x. Do ur best to push X through all the red tape. Its simply amazing.

If you do not plan to upgrade to X, call the mdac28 setup manually as a nested custom action from the UI Sequence.

Neo.