This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Complus Applications - AppId/Class/ProgId tables etc

3 replies to this topic

dbareis

dbareis
  • Full Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 January 2002 - 01:49

Hi,

I've had no previous exposure to Complus applications and so now only have the basic info but I think that what I want to do is:

(1) Create a Complus Application (WITH SPECIFIC USERID/PASSWORD). UserId/password if requires manual prompting must not be lost between uninstall/reinstall (that is as a worst case, it is entered ONCE per machine only). Also I'm not too sure about hard coding userid/password in MSI (or VBS) in any case.

(2) Install files (dll & type lib), set up server components, add to application.

(3) Set up client components (proxy) (add to application??)

There is little info in MSI.CHM and none that I could find in the Wise References.

While I don't wish to use the "export" option to create the MSI/Cab files, I have looked at the generated output and on install discovered that it does not install the application with the correct userid/password, but simply as "interactive user".

I use Wise Installer and am happy to edit tables directly (as long as I know what I'm doing and why).

Eventually I wish to do all the work automatically, but I can't even attempt this is if I can't do this manually!

Can anyone give me a clue how it works or can email me an example etc (if so zip it please to evade email filter)?

Thanks,
Dennis
db0@anz.com

moverton

moverton
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 January 2002 - 12:56

You can create and modify (MTS) COM+ applications programmatically using the MTS2 Admin Library (MTSAdmin.Catalog object).

Search for this in MSDN or technet.

Call your functions or scripts via Custom Actions.

I wouldn't recommend trying to use the WI COMplus table!

Hope this helps,

Martin

dbareis

dbareis
  • Full Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 January 2002 - 01:56

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Is this MTS2 Admin Library (MTSAdmin.Catalog object) the same as the COMAdminCatalog object ??

Is there any chance you could send me a code snippet to show how to apply specify the user  account as used by the application etc??

I was looking at using the WI COMplus table - why is this such a problem ??

We must be able to remove changes during uninstall of app...

Thanks for any help.
Dennis

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 06 January 2002 - 23:35

The MTSAdmin.Catalog object is the NT/MTS version of the COMAdminCatalog object.

The bare minimum for creating a COM+ server package running as a specific user is:

Set oMTS = CreateObject("COMAdmin.COMAdminCatalog")
Set oPackages = oMTS.GetCollection("Applications")
oPackages.Populate
Set oPackage = oPackages.Add()
oPackage.Value("Name") = strAppName
oPackage.Value("Activation") = 1
oPackage.Value("Identity") = strUsername
oPackage.Value("Password") = strPassword
oPackages.SaveChanges()

If you need to create MTS packages, the code is fairly similar.