This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Semi Silent Install

3 replies to this topic

brent.johnson

brent.johnson
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 22:10

I've inherited and Installshield Suite install project and unfortunately my expertise is mostly with basic MSI.

I've been given the task of streamlining our install process such that it is "One Click". This means the installation process should only need to be launched nothing else. Currently the only decision made by the customer is the install directory. We no longer require the customer pick this as we now lay down to the install directory of one of our existing products. 

The suite installs 2 pre-requisites the only relevant one is .Net 4.5.2 and a number of MSIs based on which of our products the customer currently has installed. 

So currently the installer launches immediately begins installing and upon completion goes to the InstallationComplete dialog. 

The only exception to this rule is if the customer needs to install .Net 4.5.2 but has a previous 4.5 version installed the customer may is being installed the customer may also 

The only thing the customer has to do is click finish, but my boss wants that gone as well but still display the status bar. The problem is I cannot figure out how to close the dialog without user intervention.

Any help on how to do this would be great.

deramor

deramor
  • Full Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 22:16

Have you looked at launching the suite project with a reduced UI or basic UI level?  In Basic MSIs, the Basic UI InstallLevel would show you a small dialog with a status bar and a cancel button.  The window would disappear when the installer finished.  I am not sure if Suite projects support such a thing but it would be worth the research.

Also, I hope that the products that determine install path and other things are not part of the suite project.  Otherwise, you would have a chicken and egg situation.

brent.johnson

brent.johnson
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 22:21

There aren't UI levels in Installshield Suite projects and far as I know. I considered using a basic MSI but the problem there is that you cannot install prerequisites when in reduced ui.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 20:06

Can't you simply delet the InstallationComplete dialog?