This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Items on Program Menu

3 replies to this topic

JohnWu

JohnWu
  • Full Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 18:37

Hi.  I need to add an uninstall item and an URL link item on the Program Menu using an InstallShield project.  When a user clicks on the unistall item, it will uninstall the software; and when the user clicks on the URL link item, it will launch a web browser and goes to that URL address.  How can I do these.  Can anyone please give me some suggession?  Thank you.

aspr

aspr
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2002 - 10:55

to create an uninstall item you can use for szCommandLine parameter in function AddFolderIcon the same string as the string in the registry key "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{YourProg}\UninstallString"

imho, URL link item could be created on your computer and then be copied directly to the target Program Menu.
or mb it'll be easier to use AddFolderIcon and szCommandLine="%SystemRoot%\\explorer.exe http:\\\\www.yoursite.com", for example. in this case, certainly, you can detect the client default browser and call it instead of explorer.

JohnWu

JohnWu
  • Full Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 May 2002 - 02:33

Thank you very much for your help.  I'll try what you suggest.
:)

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 10 May 2002 - 09:20

For launching the web browser with an URL, please look into this page
IS5/6 Samples - External Programs and Shell (you can click on the link ...)
Perhaps you can use the trick to get the default browser.

Gruß / regards
Thomas