This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

AppSearch Moved During WI 2.03 Migration

1 reply to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 21:01

In my ISWI v2.03 project, I check for a requisite version of Internet Explorer, the result of which is used for a Launch Condition.  

In doing so, I had moved the AppSearch action before LaunchConditions in the UI Sequence.  I did not change the sequencing of AppSearch in the Execute Sequence.

I noticed a message in the output generated during migration to Developer 8 regarding the movement of this action in the Execute Sequence.  The message indicated that the AppSearch action is being moved before the LaunchConditions action in the InstallExecuteSequence table.  Is this just the migration process making a correction for me?  What are the ramifications of this?  My application installation functioned as desired with respect to my launch condition under the previous InstallShield product I was using.  In short, does anyone think this might screw me up?

I guess I could move the action back to the location mirroring my previous 2.03 setup, No???????????

This message did not appear as a message or warning as the migration process completed with none of either.  I would hope this would mean that the message I noticed is 'no big deal'.

Thanks for any info. regarding this!!!!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 February 2003 - 00:01

This is required to make your IE condition work for a silent installation, too (where the UI sequence will be ignored). Developer 8 makes use of this for other launch conditions (e.g. in MDAC module).
However some merge modules rely on LaunchConditions coming before AppSearch (e.g. MSDE from MS, that's why IS made a MSDE object to fix this)