This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Is it possible to enable controls using installscript?

4 replies to this topic

Dave I

Dave I
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 January 2002 - 11:54

Is it possible to disable /enable controls on a dialog (created in the dialog editor) using InstallScript.

I have an installscript CA which calls a dll to check a key code it, if it returns success I want to enable the next button

In a nutshell replicate the behaviour->Conditions with installscript.

ciaranmac

ciaranmac
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2002 - 12:29

Dave,
If you just want to enable/disable next buttons subject to a success try enable(NEXTBUTTON) encompassed by an if stmnt.

Dave I

Dave I
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 January 2002 - 13:05

Thanks Ciaran,
 Unfortunately I just tested this without success.  

Created a new project with an installscript CA contain "Disable (NEXTBUTTON)" (obviously declared correctly.)  And stook the CA on CustomInformation dialog the CA was launched but the Next button remained enabled.

I have used "Disable (NEXTBUTTON)" with IS5.5 and script defined dialogs, so I know it works with this sort, but I am just having difficulty controlling dialogs created with the dialog editor. Is there some sort of interface access?

Again Thanks for your help,
Dave.

gunaveluj

gunaveluj
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 06:11

Try setting the condition in the ControlCondition table in direct editor.

Dialog - <Your_Dialog_Name>
Control - <Your_Control_Name>
Event - Enable/Diable
Condition - <Your_Condition>

vnadoda

vnadoda
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 February 2002 - 16:47

Hi,
You can disable /enable buttons in dialog view of ISWI IDE. Go in to behavior mod, select control you want to disable/enable, you have 3 view in , press condition tab. set condition using any property value and you will be fine.

best of luck..
-vPuL