This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Suppress 1722 Messages

1 reply to this topic

charlies

charlies
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 01:09

I'm invoking a custom action from my installation script using MsiDoAction. I capture the return code and want to proceed based on the value that I get back. The custom action launches an executable and is configured synchronous/check return code. The executable exits with non-zero return codes to indicate specific error conditions. Everything seems to run ok, but when my negative testing forces a non-zero error/return code, I get a pop-up indicating that a Windows Installer 1722 error has occurred to which I have to respond in order to proceed. Once I've done that, my script follows the appropriate path based on the exit code. Is there a way that I can suppress the 1722 message? Thanks alot

Neo

Neo
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 03:52

If you have to process multiple return codes for an executable, I recommend you to have a VBScript or DLL custom action and launch the executable. The CreateProcess API in C++ and Shell objects run method in VBScript allow you to obtain return codes. You can then use MsiProcessMessage() function or the Message method to send a custom error message.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Neo, 06 January 2004 - 03:53.