This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installing files on rollback/remove

1 reply to this topic

pt01

pt01
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 13:59

I have a small package I'm using to deploy a configuration file. It basically overwrites a java.policy file for a select number of users in my company to provide a security workaround.

Eventually, I'd like to remove this package from their machines once the infrastructure is amended so the workaround is no longer necessary.

In this MSI, I've setup another component with the original policy file. I've set a condition on this component as Remove="All", hoping that when I uninstall the package, it will restore the original file.

Unfortunately, this does not work. The package only removes the one file that it installed, but nothing happens with the other component, also from what I can see in the log. Should this not be possible? Should I be using a different condition for the component maybe? Thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:32

You can't install something during a complete uninstall. If you keep your package installed, you might be able to swap out the config files. However in your case it might be better to restore the old file in a custom action.