This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

New To Installshield and need some info on version

1 reply to this topic

Gabby

Gabby
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 16:38

I am very new to InstallShield and I was just recently given a project that was written with Installshield Professional 7 version. I also have the Installshield Professional X version. I was able to convert my project to the X version. The conversion went quite well. I need to be able to add to my installation project the ability to deliver a SQL Server database for SQL 2000 and 2005. Does the Installshield professional 7 support this, and how about Installshield X, does it support distribution of SQL Server 2000 and 2005 databases? My last question is, does the Installshield X version support delivery of Windows XP, Server 2003 and Vista or should I upgrade to the latest version to support this capability? Thanks in advance for any response.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 18:39

InstallShield Professional 7 has no built in support for SQL Server databases, you would have to code this yourself.
InstallShield X has support for SQL 2000 but not for 2005.
InstallShield 12 has support for SQL 2005 and also officially supports all Windows versions including Vista. Setups created with previous versions of InstallShield should run on Vista, too, but it's not officially supported and of course you can't use Vista specific features and may not be able to detect Vista or to filterf files based on Windows version.