This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to make per - user installation in InstallScript Projects

3 replies to this topic

logesh

logesh
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:09

Hi,

It is obvious that there are three execution levels in invoking the exe in installscript projects and i have used "Administrator" privilege for my use-case. Consider there are two user accounts in a user machine and let us name it as "Administrator" with administrator privileges and "guest" is a standard account with limited privilege.

i have set ALLUSERS property in installscript to 0(false)

Installing the product under administrator account went successful

installation directory- "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming"

When i tried installing the exe in guest account(Standard user account)

UAC prompt show up and asked administrator authentication and i authenticated with administrator credentials.

The product is shown already installed. is there is anyother solution in installscript to make per - user installation?  Any help is appreciated :) 

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:20

I'm not entirely sure this can be done in InstallScript. At least you would need a manifest that tells the OS that this is a setup that doesn't require admin privileges so it won't display the UAC dialog.

logesh

logesh
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 08:03

thanks a lot stefan krueger, still i can't understand since i'm a begginer

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 16:40

Windows automatically checks for keywords such as "setup" when you launch a program and assumes that admin privileges are required, unless you add an application manifest that tells it otherwise.