This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Feature Installed: Advertised on Uninstallation

1 reply to this topic

Matthias1967

Matthias1967
  • Full Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:55

Hello,

I know that removing a component on minor upgrade leads to the corresponding feature being set to "Advertised" state.

But I have never seen such a behaviour on uninstallation

until yesterday:

one of the features is actually reported as "Advertised" on uninstallation. I.e. InstallValidate writes to the log file:

MSI (s) (68:FC) [10:19:50:147]: Feature: Feature1; Installed: Local;   Request: Absent;   Action: Absent

MSI (s) (68:FC) [10:19:50:147]: Feature: Feature2; Installed: Advertise;   Request: Absent;   Action: Absent

MSI (s) (68:FC) [10:19:50:147]: Feature: Feature3; Installed: Local;   Request: Absent;   Action: Absent

This then has the effect that the components belonging to this feature are not removed on uninstallation.

I do not use advertised installation, and the uninstallation logs do not show SELMGR messages.

What is more strange: This occurs when the uninstallation is driven from a WiX bundle. When I start the uninstallation "standalone" (msiexec /x...), it works fine.

Any ideas as to the root cause or where to search for it?

Best regards

Matthias Reuss

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 18:33

When you say "uninstallation is driven from a WiX bundle" are you talking about a Major Upgrade?

What are the command line parameters used to launch the uninstall?