This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MSI 2.0 Is giving me a headache

2 replies to this topic

P_Sinclair

P_Sinclair
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2002 - 16:58

Anyone else having a problem with Machines that get updated to MSI 2.0,

After i update the MSI engine to 2.0, Office 2K goes wacky, and refuses to work giving me an error message like this "this program can only be run from the place where it was installed, please insert the Office CD"

and a few other less common programs which were also installed using MSI also went nuts and started constantly repairing themselves.

anyone else have any horror stories with MSI 2.0??

I totally regret using it, but its not "cost effective" to reprint 1000 cds using 1.2 instead of 2.0.

skippy31152

skippy31152
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2002 - 21:47

We encountered similar problems when we started to deploy MSI 2 this morning.  So far as we've found, there seems to be a user profile problems (all Windows 2k boxes) that gets resolved when you rename, and subsequently rebuild the user profile.

Thing is, Microsoft has NOTHING on their knowledgebase regarding this.  Anybody else out there have any ideas?

Matt

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 17 July 2002 - 06:26

I think your problem will be solved with a reboot. When you install WI 2.0, it updates some system dll's and a reboot must be made to complete the installation. I also had problems with office progams not being associated with any programs so they would not run at all.

I did log a previous question about this, but I cannot remember where the post was.