This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installing multiple .Net services

2 replies to this topic

kirann_hegde

kirann_hegde
  • Full Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:50

Hi All,

I need to install 6 different .Net services. Whenever a .Net service is registered using the InstallUtil.exe utility, it throws up a popup which asks you to enter the username and password under which you want the service to run. Now my issue is that to install 6 different .Net services i will have to enter the same username and password 6 times. Is there a way to install all the 6 services in one shot without having to enter the credentials 6 times. I want all the different services to run under the same account.

If anyone has any idea as to how this could be done, please reply.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kiran Hegde

kirann_hegde

kirann_hegde
  • Full Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:36

Hi ,

Please this is urgent. If anyone has any ideas please help me.
Thanks in Advance.

Kiran Hegde

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 15:16

Looks like a limitation of InstallUtil.exe to me. I don't know much about registering .net services but have you tried the service registration functionality that's included in Windows Instalelr, to avoid installutil.exe?

If that doesn't work:

Does installutil have a command line option to pass in the username/password? If not you could use a tool like AutoIt (http://www.autoitscript.com/)