This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

auto-deploy hell

1 reply to this topic

Timmah

Timmah
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 16:58

Hey everybody!

I got a big problem with my auto-software deploy in my Active Directory. I had an MSI-packet ready for distribution on clients as I figured out I needed another one. I thought none of the machines got the old one, but (I should listen to murphy a bit more...) some actually downloaded and tried to install it. As the installer was buggy, the MsiInstaller always popped up, when the specific file-extension was found in the Windows Explorer. The problem now is, that there ain't no more source-file on the network, so those few machines are requesting again and again that installer-file form the server. It is very annoying for the users, clicking away a window every few minutes. Can somebody help me and tell me, where the windows-installer stores its information about files that need to be installed? I actually installed another program that should handle the files with that extension, but the installer keeps poping up...

Thanks and kind regards,

Tim

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 21:06

The best solution might be to uninstall the buggy package.