This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Command line build problems

1 reply to this topic

SOWI

SOWI
  • Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 November 2002 - 16:47

We have to reproduce our software in a clean environment before we can ship it.
To do that we recompile the whole project on a different machine and use IS from command line to generate the setup. Now we have two general problems:

1. The root path to the project is not the same, but all source paths inside the setups script are absolute paths.
It is possible that the drive letters are not equal. Some components are now in E:\MyRoot\MyFiles instead of in C:\MySpecialRoot\MyFiles.
How can I use relative paths to build a setup on every machine with the same subtree structure?

2. The compilations aborts due to a fatal error because IS wants to overwrite the ISM script every time. (Not possible because the code comes from a source safe system and is write protected).
How can I avoid that?

Does anyone has a solution for that problem?? Any suggestions are welcome.
Frank Dering

SOWI

SOWI
  • Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 08:30

I found a workaround for my problem with absolute paths:

You cannot set a path variable to "..\..\MyFiles\MySubDir"
but you can use the internal path variable <ISProjectFolder> to do that.
Path definitions like "<ISProjectFolder>\..\..\MyFiles\MySubDir" are working well and can be used to avoid absolute paths inside the project.
Frank Dering