This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MDAC on Windows 2000

4 replies to this topic

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 February 2001 - 06:26

The install I am creating requires me to install some files which ISWI identifies as part of the MDAC merge module.

I have downloaded the MDAC 2.6 RTM from microsoft.  Is this executable the only way to install the MDAC.  Is there a merge module that can be added to my setup?

Thanks,

Leigh.

mjkraffert

mjkraffert
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 February 2001 - 16:29

Wise Installer for Windows has a Merge Module for MDAC.  I'm not sure if it's available for download from their website or not though.

SkipSailors

SkipSailors
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 February 2001 - 18:43

I was under the impression that MDAC was part of a base Win2K.  What files does ISWI allege you need on a Win2K machine from the MDAC?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 February 2001 - 21:24

Leigh Ravenhall:
There are MDAC merge modules from Wise and InstallShield, but as far as I know they install version 2.5 (i.e. do nothing on Win2k)
There are various other methods to install MDAC (use wrapper.exe or call mdac_typ.exe as custom action). They are described here on InstallSite under Windows Installer -> Tools & Tips -> Installing MDAC and DCOM

SkipSailors:
MDAC 2.5 is part of Win2k. But Leigh may want to target other platforms (like NT4 or Win95/98), too (although the toic title only mentions Win2k). In this case, MDAC needs to be installed.