This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Windows 2003 password field problem

3 replies to this topic

okakiguy

okakiguy
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 22:03

I am using InstallDialogue with InstallShield professional 7. I have made a custom dialog with a password field (edit box with the password attribute set). When the install is run instead of asterisks or round bullets (xp style) you get vertical bars for the password mask. Does anyone know how to fix this???? I have contacted InstallDialogue's support but haven't heard anything back yet.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 08:00

Can you try to set the password character to something different? I guess it's trying to use some character or font that doesn't exist on your machine. Have you tried this on a different machine?

okakiguy

okakiguy
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 19:53

it happens on multiple windows 2003 boxes.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 02:56

Sounds like an encoding problem. What is the regional settings on the computers where this problem occurs? I have seen similar problems in other applications if support for other language encodings or alphabets are installed. If you can assign a character to be used you might try to use one that is guaranteed to be in the lower ASCII range.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul