This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Running a batch file in a MSI

3 replies to this topic

swaughman

swaughman
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 15:29

Have created a basic MSI that copies a batch file to c:\program files (x86)\uniclass. I now need to run this MSI. I have tried using a custom action but it will not run. What do I need to put in the 'fileandcommand line' field and also do I have to put anything in the 'Install Exec Sequence' field. I'm a novice at this so any help would be very welcome.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 15:08

If you are trying to run the bat file from a custom action in your msi, then the executable is want to launch is cmd.exe and the command line is /c <path to your bat file>

aldebarande

aldebarande
  • Full Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 16:30

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2007-09-03 15:08)
If you are trying to run the bat file from a custom action in your msi, then the executable is want to launch is cmd.exe and the command line is /c <path to your bat file>

Hi,

I need to do that but how declare that in the Custom Action Wizard ?

Type: I set "lauch an executable"
Location: There is no choice for a system executable like cmd.exe and I cannot declare
the batch which is not seen as an exe ....

Thanks,

Ok, I found it.

I had to choose an exe in the binary table, then next I had to browse to my system folder on cmd.exe then I entered the command line.

Thanks,

Edited by aldebarande, 14 September 2007 - 16:39.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:10

This would add cmd.exe to your setup package which is not good. Better use Executable - Location stored in Directory table.