This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Printer installation

2 replies to this topic

<TM>

<TM>
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 17:25

Hi,

I want to install a software PDF printer on the target system.
I got files an reg entries from AdminStudio which did a "before" and "after" scan of a clean system (before installing PDF XChange Standard and after have it installed).

Installation passes without any error. after rebooting the target machine, the new printer is shown on "Settings" -> "Printers". But I can not use it.

By pressing "Print" on an applications menu, a message comes up "no printer installed".

any ideas?

regards Thomas

Edited by <TM>, 27 July 2005 - 17:27.

<TM>

<TM>
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 09:49

...solved!!!

Gave up the "copy files and set regfile entries" approach ....

There is a possibility to pass parameters to the setup.exe (like license key, installdir and such). So I use a LaunchAppAndWait and pass the needed parameters.

worked fine

regards Thomas

mminfo

mminfo
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 16:20

Hello Thomas,

I have another problem with installing an pdf printer with a MSI Package.
After the installation the printer is available, but I have to change the security settings for the group everyone. Do you no a way, how I can do this ?

I use the same way as you, to bulid the package. snapshot before, snapshot after and some little modifications .

regards Marco