This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

IKERNEL.EXE - Application Error

9 replies to this topic

apa123

apa123
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 12:40

Hi all

When I run my setup I get the following error at the end

IKERNEL.EXE - Application Error
The instruction at "0x6603beff" referenced memory at "0x771b13b8". The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the application.

The application seems to have installed fine.

Any ideas on how to get rid of this error would be appreciated.

Lucky

Lucky
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 12:46

On what platforms does the error occur? Are any apps running in the background?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 14:29

You could also debug your setup to try and figure out exactly at what point the error is occurring.

If this isn't your actual IS box, there are help topics for enabling remote debugging.  Fairly straight forward and does the job.
user posted image

apa123

apa123
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2002 - 14:01

Thanks for your help.
I've found the cause of my problem - a .dll

bryangibson

bryangibson
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 21:46

i am having the same problem but it only happens on two machines out of 5 that i test my IS package on.  i cannot reproduce the error on any machine with the same hardware/software/processes/OS as the 2 that receive the error.  it opnly happens at the end of my install, yet everything installs correctly.

i am new to IS and do not know anything of its debugging capabilities.

can someone offere any help/insight?

thanks in advance!

sweetp

sweetp
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 00:09

This happens in my setup on uninstall. This only started happening since we used XP. How did you determine it was a dll that was the problem?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 00:50

@sweetp: What version of IS are you running? 'cause it should be v6.31 to properly support Windows XP, and make sure you select that OS from within your project.
user posted image

sweetp

sweetp
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 21:28

TacoBell, yes I have 6.31, thanks for that info as I was starting to worry that it didn't properly support XP.

Any-hoooo, I see that I do not have the xp checkbox checked in my settings, thanks very much I will try to see if that fixes it.

sweetp

sweetp
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 23:42

Oh I forgot to ever post the resolution of this problem. I needed to install MS hotfix 329623. I am sure this is doc'ed in many places as well, but in case anyone reads this....

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 18 October 2003 - 00:07

Huh? huh.gif I checked that Microsoft Knowledge Base article (Q329623), and what does "Problems with InterVideo DVD Software After Upgrading to Windows XP Service Pack 1" have to do with IKernel? unsure.gif

Edited by Taco Bell, 18 October 2003 - 00:08.

user posted image