This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Detecting change in custom setup selection

3 replies to this topic

jonathan2002

jonathan2002
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 11:38

I have added a checkbox to the CustomSetup dialog to give the user the chance to specify which of 2 alternative versions of a particular component they want. What I would like to do is recognise when the relevant feature is deselected so that the checkbox can be disabled as it is not relevant.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 02:06

You can get the current feature state of the the feature you would like to query by using:

&(feature-name)=3 (feature set to install)
&(feature-name)<>3 (feature is not set to install)

jonathan2002

jonathan2002
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:31

I can do that, but it doesn't update the status straight away. It seems it has to wait for a button to be clicked before the feature selection states are updated and thus the enabled/disabled status of my checkbox can be changed.

What I really need is something analogous to the OnChange events that Windows dialogs have - I need to detect as soon as the selection state has changed, and STRAIGHTAWAY change the state of the checkbox. How can this be done?

The only other idea I have had is to add a "Refresh" button that the user should click themselves after changing a selection, that would reset the appearance. But that is hardly ideal.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 11 December 2002 - 23:14

You must be able to access an installer call/function that will act on a change of feature states as soon as the user changes the state, but I have no idea where to get this from, sorry.

Could you maybe call a windows API call to monitor the feature state?

As a last resort you can use a refresh button which should work fine.