This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Shortcut

3 replies to this topic

apffal

apffal
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 13:42

I've created an install program with Visual Studio Installer, containing a shortcut to .exe file.
After installation, when running that program executing the exe file, it has access to associated files, such as an image file , a word doc, etc.
However, when running the same program using the shortcut to the .exe file, it cannot access those associated files.
What's wrong ?
Thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 14:36

I guess your program is looking in the "current working directory" which may not be the directory with the exe in it when you launch via the shortcut.
In MSI you can specify the working directory that should be used when launching your exe, but that setting is not available in the Visual Studio IDE.

apffal

apffal
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 14:49

I've puted all files (exe file and all the others) in same directory.
So, isn't possible solve this problem, for instance with orca editor ?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:06

As I said: you can specify the working directory for the shortcut in the MSI file, but you can't do this in Visual Studio. YOu can use a tool like Orca to populate the WkDir field in the Shortcut table.