This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install IE5.5 and .net framework2 on Win98SE

2 replies to this topic

Bobjoy

Bobjoy
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 16:26

Hi everyboday,

Here I got a problem is that I need install the .net framework 2.0 in Windows98 SE, so it must install the IE5.01 or above and installer 2.0 or 2.0+ firstly. in my installshield script project (v11.5) check the IE version and then install the IE5.5 from SOURCEDIR and then install the Windows installer2.0 and .net framework2.0, their are all as objects build in the project. But, if it does not reboot after install the IE5.5 the .net framework2.0 can not be installed successfully.

if I use the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce to restart win98se after install the IE5.5. it displaying the window system configure procedure with a beating drum, when the system configure seems finish, my installation is launched, and I can install my app. BUT, when install the .net framework 2.0 the system configure still running and then the .net famework2.0 seems can not be installed successfully, it displaying the installing the .net framework2.0 and configuring the system.

So could you please give your idea how to install the IE5.5 and .net framework2.0 on Windows 98SE? or give your solution for my problems mentioned above.

Thanks very much in advanced.

- Bob

Edited by Bobjoy, 28 June 2006 - 16:28.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 10:35

Add your setup to the Run key instead of RunOnce to be sure IE setup is completed. Of course you need to delete your Run key afterwards from script.

Bobjoy

Bobjoy
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:03

Hi Stefan,

Thank you very much, I did it as your said.

Thanks a lot

Bob