This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Set the install directory

1 reply to this topic

StefanP

StefanP
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 14:59

Hello,
I've done so many desperate attempts until now, that I came to the decision to ask here.

I have Wise for Windows Installer and have tried to change the path, where my program has to be installed. I have changed the variable INSTALLDIR with a script, I've written in WiseScript. In the dialog window there is the right path but the installer doesn't install in this directory. It seems to be irrelevant what path there is. I've also tried to do a new directory called MYPATH and I tried to put it as the install dir of my component, but then he installs to D:\MYPATH oder D:\INSTALLDIR.

Please if you know a solution, help me, I've read the f. manual and the sdk for days now, but Windows Installer is a hard to learn program.

Thank you
Stefan

Gavin

Gavin
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 17:39

Once your MYPATH variable is set to what you want, call a Custom Action Type 35 like the following:

Type: 35
Source: TARGETDIR
Target: [MYPATH]

A type 35 custom action can be used to set the install directory. For more info, check out the MSI help files.