This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SQL Express feature components

2 replies to this topic

badzoy07

badzoy07
  • Full Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:55

I'm working on including the SQL Express 2005 setup and installing if necessary. However, I'm calling it in silent mode which by default only the features available during installation with UI will be installed and the "Connectivity Components" feature is not included which I used for running the sql command.

I tried installing it by calling

ADDLOCAL="Connectivity Components"

but it seems that sql feature has a different name as it cannot recognize this. Attached is the screenshot for sample selection components. Maybe someone knows the feature name for SQL Express, instead of me calling "ALL" components.

Thank you so much. It will be a great help.

Attached Files

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:17

If you look on MSDN you'll find a deployment doc on SQL Server 2005 Express.

Essentially the installation executable is a self-extracting archive. You need to extract it yourself, using a command-line param. In there you find a INI-like file, with settings. You should adapt these settings first. Among the answers you supply are the Instance name, service accounts, passwords, collation orders etc.etc.

Note: Inistalling takes a lot of time - minutes or dozens of minutes. In the end I decided to install with a basic interface, so the user sees the progress of SQL Express, and they know your setup is not hanging.

badzoy07

badzoy07
  • Full Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:40

Thank you so much Zweitze. I think I got the feature selection in template.ini of SQL Express Setup. For "Connectivity Components" - Connectivity.