This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Unable to uninstall a product

2 replies to this topic

Karin Popelier

Karin Popelier
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 May 2002 - 09:45

Hi,

I had an application installed on a NT 4.0 machine. Unfortunatelly there was a mistake in my installation program.
At a certain moment I launched a deferred Custom ACtion which executed the vbrun60sp4.exe. There was a condition of Not VBRUNTIMEFOUND (set by appsearch).
The installation worked fine.
But now I have to remove this installation and since I didn't add the condition Not INstalled, the uninstall wants to execute this CA. Here I get the error that there is a problem launching this program.
The uninstall is interrupted.
I than rebuild my installation package with the CA condition and with a new PackageCode, but when i want to run this installation I get the message that 'Another version of this product is already installed on the machine. Use Control panel to ....'
WHen I go via the control Panel I ran into the same error as in the beginning (problem with my CA launching the exe)

So what can I do to uninstall this thing????

Thanks in advance,

Karin

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 03 May 2002 - 11:30

Find the cached msi file.  Edit the custom action table with ORCA.

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 July 2002 - 17:40

you could also try the MS CleanUp utility to remove the MSI Control Code from the system...