This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MSDE SP3 install on Win98

5 replies to this topic

mvillaronga

mvillaronga
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 19:38

Ok I have an MSI file that installs an instance of the MSDE.  I recently updated my install to used the SP3 MSMs of the MSDE.  I have the installation working correctly on XP.  However it fails rather quickly on install to Win98.  If I rollback the MSM for the MSDE to SP2 the install works correctly.  I will paste the log file of the failure below.  

To create the installation I used the VisualStudio installer.  Afte the installtion I use ORCA and edit the MSI with the following values in the property table.

ProductLanguage = 1033
SqlBlankPwd = 1
SqlSecurityMode = SQL

No special actions are being used by my installer.  Yet according to MS the reason for my error is that I am using a special action with a non-c++ dll (KB Article) .  I am guessing that this is something that MS is doing.  Has anyone else gotten a successful install of SP3 onto Win98?  Any info would be helpful.

Mike Villaronga
mike_villaronga@yahoo.com

LogFile:

Internal Error 2737. StreamSupportFiles.2D02443E_7002_4C0B_ABC9_EAB2C064397B, C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\MSI60B6.TMP, StreamSupportFiles
=== Logging stopped: 2/3/03  10:06:17 ===KB Article

ccaron

ccaron
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 23:10

I have exactly the same problem in my setup.

Anybody else ?

ccaron

ccaron
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 11:11

I make some aditional tests.

MSDE 2000 SP3 is in installing without any problem under Windows 98 SE

But refuse to install under Windows 98

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 11:24

I don't think this KB article applies here.
Does that file C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\MSI60B6.TMP exist at the time when you see the error message?
Did you look at the known bugs in MSDE merge modules described here?

ccaron

ccaron
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 01:32

I checked in the temp folder and didn't find the any file coresponding to the error message

And I didn't find anything in the list of known bugs...

Look like a new bug !!!

ccaron

ccaron
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 12:26

I solved the problem (with the help of Bill Chang on the microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde newsgroup)

To install MSDE 2000 SP 3 under Win98 you need first to instal MDAC (i used version 2.7SP1 I don't know what is the minimum version requiered)