This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Tying Features and Dialogues

1 reply to this topic

Mew

Mew
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 19:57

Hello Everyone,

Hopefully you can help me out. I'm currently working on a basic msi project that has multiple features. Each feature has certain properties that need to be set when it is installed. i.e. at least 2 features require a port number to be set which has to be different. Some require multiple dialogues to actually get everything setup, and I dont want end users looking at dialogue boxes that aren't applicable to what they are installing - so with that in mind.

I'm wondering if there is any sort of best practice to using feature specific dialogues. If not does anyone have a method that seemed to work best when you have specific dialogue boxes that only need to be displayed when a certain feature is installed.

Thanks in advance.

*Disclaimer*
I could be over thinking this tongue.gif

RobertDickau

RobertDickau
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 16:03

If you haven't yet, perhaps see the MSI Help Library topic "Conditional Statement Syntax" for the &FeatureName=3 syntax, with which you can detect if a feature is selected to be installed and hasn't been installed already.
Robert Dickau
InstallShield, a Macrovision company
InstallShield training, books, seminars, newsletters, ...